- 20 young women were hung in Salem. One man refused to admit he was a wizard and was crushed to death with stones as the authorities tried to get a confession
- In a effort to explain the hysteria that spread in the Salem Village scientists found that it was fungus ergot, found in wheat and other cereals, was what caused it. Ergot's symptoms were; delusions, vomiting and muscle spasms.
- The trials which could have merely been a prank ended up with 141 people arrested and with 20 poeple, mostly woman, executed.
- Over the period of 10 months 165 people were accused of being a witch in Salem
- The town of Salem sent constables to Maine to arrest Salem’s former minister George Burroughs, accusing him of being a wizard